Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Dark Knight


Hey - guess what movie I finally got around to seeing this week? It's the same movie everyone else in the universe loved, and I didn't. In fact, I found it to be 152 minutes of mind-numbing nonsense. (And my tolerance for mind-numbing nonsense is unusually high - for example, I seem to be the only person who loved the recent Incredible Hulk movie).

If you guessed The Dark Knight - you are absolutely correct! But don't feel bad if you liked it - 328,000 users of IMDB say it's the fifth greatest movie of all-time. $500 million dollars worth of ticket sales can't be wrong, and the late, great Heath (above) is a shoe-in to win an Academy Award (Marlon Brando is spinning in his grave) for basically doing a cheap Johnny Depp impression.

Obviously, I'm the crazy one here.

After enduring this noisy, disjointed mess-terpiece, I found this page quite helpful. It provides answers to lingering questions from the film such as "Wouldn't getting half your face burned off - hurt?" (Yes, it would), and "How could Batman and Rachael survive a 1,000 foot drop off a skyscraper and into a parked car?"