Friday, March 2, 2012

The Golem's Top 25 Deaths of 2011 (Part 3 of 5)

15. Randy Savage 
Pro-wrestler extraordinaire. Entertaining (and often funny) in the WWF during the 80's wrestling boom. He was savvy enough to walk away from the game at his peak.

14. Peter Falk (left)
Best known for TV's Columbo; was also an accomplished actor in film (...with two Academy Award nominations.)

13. Bil Keane 
Family Circus creator and cartoonist. He once responded to a fan letter written by me and my sister with a hand-written reply - complete with original sketches in the margins. (And of course I don't have it anymore.)

12. Kenneth Mars
Excellent in The Producers and Young Frankenstein, although his occasional appearances on Fernwood 2 Night were my favorite. I do believe he was good in everything I ever saw him do.

11. David Croft
Writer/producer of beloved British comedies -  a few of which ('Allo 'Allo, Dad's Army, and especially Are You Being Served?) are all-time favorites.