Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Celebrity Family Feud

Today, I'm recommending you watch something called Celebrity Family Feud - a bizarre bit of nonsense I endured on NBC last night.

Where else can you see the cast of The Office (The B-Team, of course) play American Gladiators at Family Feud?

What's especially odd about this show is that although Steve Carell, Rain Wilson et al - had the good sense not to show up, the entire cast of My Name Is Earl apparently did not - they're all here.

Also - the Earl cast plays the entire game in character. Whereas the Office cast gets to use their real names, Jason Lee is referred to as "Earl" throughout this.

Another thing - apparently unable to persuade a fourth series to participate in this debacle, the Earl cast plays against a team called The Camden County All-Stars - which as far as I can tell is a group of bit players from various episodes of Earl - also in character.

Still not interested? - well apparently Tim Stack (Son of the Beach's Notch Johnson) is playing himself here as a raging alcoholic. (By the way - should I be watching My Name Is Earl, or was I correct in prejudging it as low-brow nonsense?)

OK, one last thing - is Al Roker the host of the real Family Feud? I must say he is incredibly unmemorable here, which probably makes him the ideal choice for such an embarrassing excuse for a show.

Enjoy!