Sunday, March 8, 2009

Chris McDaniel


On Saturday, I attended a "comedy magic" show at West Chester University.

For a magic show, it was remarkably lean on tricks - only two of the five acts were magicians. There was a juggler, a bullwhip expert, and a creepy MC who made giggling jokes about wildfires in California. Oh, and for some reason - lots of clowns.

I found the trick-rope/bullwhip guy (Chris McDaniel, above) most entertaining, but I'm not sure the audience of mostly YouTube-generation little kids understood that it takes real skill to make a bullwhip crack.

I was initially dubious of the MC's claim that McDaniel had once appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman, so I did a little digging and found the video evidence on McDaniel's website. Sure enough, he was on the show.

Was it anything? You be the judge.