Thursday, November 26, 2009

Tracy Ullman - "They Don't Know"


I'll always have fond memories of Tracy Ullman's "They Don't Know", which was released during my Freshman year at college and around the same time I started learning to program computers. Don't ask me why I associate it with that memory, I just do.

The song was a Top 10 hit in America, and Ullman made her initial splash here as a pop singer (although it didn't take her long to establish herself primarily as a comedienne).

It was a cover of the similarly arranged original by Kirsty MacColl from 1979. In fact, that's Kirsty doing the backing vocals (and the "Bay-ay-bee" part).

I should tell you that at the end of this video we have a Beatle. Now, it's not the kind of Beatle you'd expect it to be, but it's the kind of Beatle you hoped it would be.