Thursday, December 4, 2008

Mego


When I was a kid, there was nothing I liked better than playing with my Mego action figures.

Mego was a (now-defunct) toy manufacturer which made 8-inch plastic figures that recreated comic book heroes with varying degrees of quality. (Two of the good ones are pictured above: The Lizard - my favorite, and of course, Iron Man).

The figures were extremely fragile - held together internally by tight rubber bands. If you held them too tightly, they would snap and become virtually useless. Also, if you placed Aquaman under water too often, he would also snap apart (I learned this from cruel experience).

I had dozens of these including their vehicles and accessories. It probably cost "Santa" a small fortune.

Find out more than you could ever want to know about these wonderful little bits of molded plastic at the Mego Museum.