Friday, December 5, 2008

WWF Magazine


Here is the WWF Magazine - a periodical I used to read openly on public transportation through my college years and beyond. I didn't even stop after some wise guy noticed the cover (of the exact issue on the left, above) and felt compelled to inform me, "Now that's REAL journalism!"

I wasn't a big fan of the magazine, but I felt compelled to read it anyway. After all, it was the only "official" publication of the World Wrestling Federation. I greatly preferred Pro Wrestling Illustrated, and its family of magazines. They wrote about all the federations (including the NWA), and were often critical of the WWF. They also blatantly made up their "exclusive" interviews with wrestlers - which entertained me greatly.

Both the WWF mag and Pro Wrestling Illustrated are still around, but I don't read them anymore. The last time I picked up a Pro Wrestling Illustrated, I was pleasantly surprised to discover - after it had already been rung up at the register - that it just cost me $9.95.

Here is a cover gallery of WWF/WWE magazines. It makes for an interesting look at who was most popular over the years.