Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Wire (with laugh-track)


My wife and I just finished watching all five seasons of The Wire.

For those who don't know, The Wire is that show which every TV critic in the world shamelessly declared as the greatest ever.

Well, it was good - but "greatest ever"..? Not even close. For one thing, I wouldn't rank it above Homicide: Life on the Street - that other great Baltimore police show.

Like The Sopranos (which The Wire also wasn't as good as) - the stories didn't always go where you expected them to - so there weren't as many "happy endings" as you might see on say, CSI: Miami.

That's great, but some people prefer to be entertained rather than be battered by realism.

I think The Wire might have been better with a laugh track. And I think that would look something like this....