Thursday, June 19, 2008

Things I Hate, Vol. 1


And now I'd like to change the tempo a bit... There are just as many things on the web that I absolutely HATE - and why shouldn't I share that hatred with you, my loyal readers?

The list of things I hate on YouTube which are not Jackie DeShannon videos is a long and tedious one; but Newsbusted is most certainly at the top of that list.

Why? Let me count the ways it annoys me:
1. The fake laugh track.
2. The (same) fake audience shot at the beginning of every video.
3. The failed stand-up/soccer mom's 1977-era ironic delivery.
4. The lamer-than-lame attempts at humor.
5. The sad fact that a decent conservative news parody would be a welcome thing - and THIS AIN'T IT.

I'd say Enjoy! - but that's not appropriate in this case. How about...

Endure!