Monday, December 21, 2009

Late Night Saturday Morning: Rick Moranis in Gravedale High


Rick Moranis, another SCTV alum, got his shot at Saturday morning stardom with 1990's Rick Moranis in Gravedale High.

Now before you think NBC was being run by a lunatic with an SCTV obsession in the late '80s, Moranis was actually quite popular with kids at the time - having just starred in Honey, I Shrunk the Kids and Ghostbusters II - both released in 1989.

In Gravedale, Moranis played Max Schneider (?) the teacher - and only human - in a high school filled with monsters.

Again, I would love to give you my personal recollection - but I've never seen the show. Gravedale went the "thirteen and out" route, and was "buried" by NBC at the end of the year.

Tomorrow: Actually, that's all I've got. Did I miss anything?